David L. Traylor, Esq.
What Makes David L. Traylor Uniquely Qualified To Defend You?
A proud Texan, David L. Traylor was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, but from the age of 18 months has lived in Dallas. Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s in the Preston Hollow neighborhood of North Dallas, it was a different time; a time when kids spent most of their time outdoors, free to roam neighborhoods and go where they pleased. A kid’s bike was his “car” and his freedom. Friends and siblings could pedal as far as they wished long as they could make it home by dark. He’s seen the city and the surrounding towns experience tremendous growth and change. But to him, what hasn’t changed are the feelings of freedom, undying positivity and possibility.
Those feelings of freedom, positivity and possibility remain a big part of what drives him to help others. He feels people should be free to continue to progress in their lives. And if they stumble, he’s honored to be called upon to help them keep that freedom. He enjoys helping his clients put problems behind them to return to their normal lives.
He is an alumnus of Jesuit College Preparatory School in Dallas, Southern Methodist University (SMU) and The University of Texas at Dallas (UTD). He earned a degree in Economics and Finance at UTD before returning to SMU to earn his law degree.
Mr. Traylor has been recognized by his peers with the highest possible rating, ‘AV Preeminent’ in ethical standards and legal ability through Martindale-Hubbell, a recognition that only a small percentage of lawyers ever attain. He has earned a 10.0 out of 10.0 rating on Avvo and received their Client Choice Award in 2014. He was recognized in 2015 and 2016 as one of the Three Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Dallas by ThreeBestRated.com.
Mr. Traylor lives in revitalized downtown Dallas with his wife and daughter, enjoys travel, dining and is an accomplished poker player. He recently became a member of MENSA. He also truly enjoys helping his clients whom he says are typically good people in tough situations.
By providing superior attention to clients’ needs, The Traylor Law Firm has earned glowing reviews as well as referrals from both past clients and fellow attorneys. The firm handles Felonies, Misdemeanors, Probation Violations, Traffic Ticket Representation, Jail Release, Driver License rehabilitation and Lifting of Warrants. Through superior client service, the firm has achieved and maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. At The Traylor Law Firm, clients’ cases are given the attention and focus they deserve.
- AV Preeminent Rated Martindale-Hubbell (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- 3 Best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Dallas, Texas (2015, 2016)
- Client Choice Award AVVO 2014
- A+ Rating Better Business Bureau (2014, 2015, 2016)
- BV Rated Martindale-Hubbell (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Best Lap Tarrant County Bar Association 2001
- Owner The Traylor Law Firm (1995 – Present)
- Attorney Stalcup and Casterline (1994 – 1995)
- Law Clerk The State of Hawaii Office of the Attorney General (1993 – 1993)
- Law Clerk The State of Hawaii Office of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (1992 – 1992)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Member (2015 – Present)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Member (2014 – Present)
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Member (2010 – Present)
- Dallas Municipal Justice Bar Association Member (2009 – Present)
- United States District Court, Northern District Member (1995 – Present)
- State Bar of Texas Member (1994 – Present)
- AVVO Legal Guides
- Texas Department of Public Safety Surcharge Repayment Programs 2015
- Grand Jury Representation 2015
- State Jail Felony 12.44 reductions 2015
- A Quick Guide to Jail Release Options in Dallas County 2014
- Resolving Traffic and Other Class C Misdemeanor Warrants 2014
- Dallas Morning News Murder Suicide After Acquittal 1995
- Southern Methodist University JD – Juris Doctor (1994)
- University of Texas at Dallas BA – Bachelor of Arts (1991)
"I called David on a tip from somebody I met in jail. i was looking at 5 to 99 and told him all the reasons I thought he could beat my case. None of those worked but we watched the arrest video and he showed me the little spots where he thought the cop messed up..."
James - Duncanville, TX
"Gave me the will to keep going. David not only helped me get through several legal issues, but went above and beyond, advising and helping me navigate through my difficult situation at home. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for David. He's much more than an excellent attorney and advocate. He will not give up on a case, and more importantly, he will never give up on you. Thank you, David."
Tom - Dallas, TX
"David Traylor Was Awesome!!! Highly Recommend For Tickets Or A Warrant (bail) !! Fast Service Also Was Helped At 4 am. Affordable."
Client - Dallas, TX
"I am very happy to endorse David as a good choice for a criminal defense attorney, or any other legal matter he handles. He is a very sharp guy, well-liked, and easy to deal with. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and/or family."
Brian G., Criminal Defense Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer."
Martin R., DUI and DWI Attorney
"I endorse this lawyer. David is an excellent attorney who is well-regarded by his peers, prosecutors, and judges."
Everett N., Criminal defense Attorney